2020 RMAC Sportsmanship CupApril 23, 2021
2020 RMAC Sportsmanship Cup
For the fourth straight year, and eighth time overall, the Colorado Christian athletic department has been awarded the RMAC’s Sportsmanship Cup title.
Since the league began awarding the Sportsmanship Cup during the 2006-07 school year, Colorado Christian has been recognized the most. They are the first school to win the honor in four consecutive seasons.
Colorado Christian tallied 25.2 points to top Colorado School of Mines (13.00) and MSU Denver (12.70) for the honor. The overall score of each institution was then divided by the number of sports the school sponsors for the average. Voting for the award is done by the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) team representatives and coaches of the 16 institutions in the RMAC. Voters consider the conduct of the student-athletes and coaches only.
“I am really proud of our Colorado Christian student athletes, staff and coaches for winning the RMAC Sportsmanship Cup as voted upon by their fellow RMAC coaches and athletes,” athletics director Brian Wall said. “Here at Colorado Christian we highly value this award, as it recognizes and reflects who we aspire to be as competitive athletes representing the Lord Jesus Christ! Congratulations to our outstanding coaching staff and student-athletes who daily strive to compete with excellence and grace for an audience of One.”
The RMAC Sportsmanship Cup was created to honor the institution which upholds the sportsmanship ideals held by the RMAC and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The RMAC strives to promote sportsmanship and ethical conduct in every aspect of intercollegiate athletics. Student-athletes, coaches, administrators, officials, and spectators should act with respect and dignity as to uphold the integrity of themselves, their institutions, the NCAA, and intercollegiate athletics as a whole.
Past RMAC Sportsmanship Cup Winners
- 2019-20: Colorado Christian University
- 2018-19: Colorado Christian University
- 2017-18: Colorado Christian University
- 2016-17: Colorado Christian University
- 2015-16: Black Hills State University
- 2014-15: Colorado School of Mines
- 2013-14: Black Hills State University
- 2012-13: Black Hills State University
- 2011-12: Colorado Christian University
- 2010-11: Chadron State College
- 2009-10: Colorado Christian University
- 2008-09: Colorado Christian University
- 2007-08: Colorado Christian University
- 2006-07: University of Nebraska at Kearney
* The RMAC Communications staff contributed to this story